r/c dis

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Welp...

... All of my stuff is pretty much packed...4 days early. What now?

 
 
No high fidelity speakers, HDTV, video games, Netfix. All my books are gone... it's not like I read but, who knows. All I have is my guitar, of which I've grown quite tired of at the moment, a box of things, 4 days worth of clothes and my laptop to write blogs... I guess.
 
 
Tonight is my first choir performance... and I'm terrified. Singing in public is something I rarely do. I would even sing softer in my car as another one passes. However, choir was also an extremely fun learning experience. I am part of the Humboldt Chorale, a community and student choir. We are performing John Rutter's Mass of the Children. A really beautiful piece that is no ordinary Mass. It's full of colors and tones, dark and light, lively and menacing. It contains the usual soprano, alto, tenor bass coupled with a childrens choir. There are also amazing solos throughout the piece that I could listen to for days. Definitely listen to this one.
Also, my mother is in town to witness my hilarious singing expressions. It will be a good mothers day gift.
 
4 more finals and I'm outta here. I actually miss the grumpy  people of southern California. They have a special place in my heart haha.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment